Friday, October 24, 2008

one more post for the day

Can I just share that I cleaned the bathroom yesterday for the 7th time in 7 weeks! Big progress for this recovering discouraged perfectionist:)


I've had a bit of a rollercoaster week in some ways....emotionally high being in Minnesota for 4 days and seeing lots of friends....then a bit of a low being back home with the kids all day long and dealing with sniffly noses and soaking diapers again. After realizing that I needed an attitude adjustment, though (aka the kids are not out to make me miserable with their messes and questions and climbing onto furniture and dipping things in toilets:) I am feeling a bit better even though Mike is still painting at someone's house (at 10pm). When else do I get to post 3 times on the blog in one day? :) God is good and at least he is the same all the time even when I feel crabby....

Oh, I have to share this note that Mariah dictated to me for the husband of her kindergarten teacher....we've been to their house before and she has met their kids (Clarke, 8th grader, and Olivia, high school) multiple times...her classroom is called the Exploratorium. The section in ( ) she had me cross out and she had me add the part in [ ].


Dear Mr. Doig,
I just think Mrs. Doig is a great kindergarten teacher. It was very fun to play with your family at your house. It seems like it was so much fun to have you visit the Exploratorium for a little bit before you picked up Clarke. I hope you and your family come to visit us someday at our apartment. The Exploratorium seems so fantastic that I kind of thought that it would be a little silly if the whole Exploratorium was part of your family, all eleven kids in your house. If your family comes to our house I'd play with Olivia and Clarke and Mrs. Doig. Clarke put up his train set at Daystar School. Your family seems so fantastic (that I wished I could be part of your family, but my mom would miss me), but I kind of don't want to be your family. [Mrs. Doig wanted to be part of the Potoka family]. I'm already part of my family.

Love,
Mariah


That girl absolutely makes me smile (when I'm not annoyed by her chattering:)....woah be the world when she doesn't have to dictate any more:) And it's going to be so weird when she can read everything!

No comments: